Monday, January 16, 2006

Oops!

Quick incident report...

I was giving my injection tonight, site 6 (Left hip/buttock area), and something went wrong. It must have been the angle or the way I was sitting. I didn't even notice at first. I wasn't quite sure what had happended. It felt kind of funny going in and I pulled it out halfway by accident and had to jab it back in and switch hands while holding it so that I didn't miss any of the dose. After I pulled it out I noticted the needle as sevearley bent. I thought nothing of it until later when I looked at the cotton which was stuck to my skin via blood, too much blood, way too much blood. On closer inspection, I noticed that I had torn a horizontal opening in my skin with the needle. I have pressure on it and hopefully the bleeding will stop soon.

Go ahead, ask me if it hurts! lol

It's not that bad, actually. I figure the shower tomorrow is going to be nasty when the water gets on it but until then I'll be fine. lol

Another oops on the wall of mistakes. Lots of those there from last year. :) First one for this year though! This is my first big needle blunder. hahaha... More care is needed, I was getting lax in my method. No more of that! Now I know what happenes when your concentration slips. I will have to avoid that site for a few weeks which sucks becuase my skin is very irritated lately and this can only get worse with a site missing.

Peace.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

:S You be careful, you!

*mutters*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home