Thursday, January 12, 2006

Big Meeting

Had a meeting with Dr. Cristians today. It was like the longest wait, but whatever. We have a new plan of action for getting me healthy in spirit. I'm going to come off the Celexa and he gave me a prescription for a use as you need it drug to help me sleep at night (the trick being to find the smallest dose that will put me to sleep without giving me hangover effects.

He was really concerned about interferon reactions and interactions so this is really the best course of action. Plus my seritonin levels might return to normal--I've been uncharactically manic the last few weeks (sorry Jehy, and Shauna, and Ashley and whoever else that scared).

I'm going to keep a private mood journal to see where it is I stand with my over all mental health. The idea is to have as many good days out of 7 in a week as possible and improve the quality of life of this MS patient. A new year, a new treatment that may work towards peace in my soul, finally (which I had considered impossible all my life).

The bottom line is that I'm glad to be coming off those horrid medications that were doing not so good things to me. It's bad enough dealing with interferons. :)

Go me!

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jehy said...

Yes, go you! :)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

You have probs sleeping too? Is it part of MS or not?

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Iain Dughlais said...

Lisa,
not too sure. It could be just neurosis or something, nothign a little therapy can't undo in time. hahaha ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home