Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Fitness Check

Crazy like bananas is what I'd call my fitness plans for the new year. I have perfect time slots to work the gym at school this year and I'm going to make a concerted effort to attend Judo religiously until I feel like myself again on the mat. I took a really hard fall tonight, got up, shook it off and remembered how much I missed that feeling.

The after-Judo-buzz is the greatest feeling ever. All your core muscles are throbbing and your blood is pumping through your body and into your brain: there is no pain. My left hand always gets a little stiff afterwards but it's managable. I think it's more from gripping than from MS. After a Judo workout I feel centered in alot of ways. Physically I feel more stable than before I began, a plus indeed. I always feel stronger too as my back is swelling and my arms are ripping, my legs become pillars of might rooted in the earth yet as flexable and unpredictable as water. My mind, however, benifits the most. I feel alive yet relaxed. I begin to probe things mentally, and take every obsticle as a challange, testing it for weakness, cautiously assulting it's defences until I find my path to victory. This helps with schoolwork alot of times.

Judo gives me a life perspective. At its core is a philosophy for life; its princiapls are easy to apply once understood and promote positive well being for everything. Which lends credibility to my religious convictions as well. Everything is so connected and nothing I do is without purpose, no matter how incomprehensible it seems to others. There is reason behind much of what I do, but that reason stems from self training and relative life patterns. The better my mind, therefor, the better my body. I am as much the cloud in the sky as I am the ink in a word or the edge on a sword. But right and wrong are merely points of view, and totally incomprehensible. And so I leave this post with peace of mind and health on the forground.

Strengh and honor!

3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Iain Dughlais said...

But of course. :) One of our many commonalities. :)

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Iain Dughlais said...

Which I have to bring back to you. lol ;)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Very cool, well written website. One of my cousins has MS. So this is a subject that hits close to home with my family. I hope you are having more good says than bad. And great to hear you are working out. Sounds like a serious regime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home