Thursday, October 20, 2005

Triumph

I made it into judo class tonight. It was really hard. I am very, very, very, out of shape and it is really obvious. I hardly did anything and I was winded. And I mean WINDED, like sucking more air than my neighbors industrial vacuum cleaner that is louder than a jet engine. But I'm glad I went. The first hard throw I took on my back shook loose all the fluid in my lungs and I had a coughing fit. I actually enjoyed that. It's been a while. My balance and vision is really bad. That makes doing a sport where one is essential and the other very important very frustrating. I really need some coaching in patience.

Being active again is very important to me. But I'm such a perfectionist that if I'm not 100% I feel like I'm only trying and not actually doing. That's just the way I am and it's not going to change. So I don't really know if there is a solution to this. I'm not very good at giving my self a break or cutting me any slack. I demand that my body move and feel good, but it just isn't so and I'm very pissed off about that but there is nothing I can do except show up and do what I can. It is not as much as I want to give, not by a long shot, but it's all I can do until I am in good health and my doctor clears me to fight. A long road ahead... a long road. One step at a time.

Had a good time fighting Charlene though! Always great. Cheers.


*click* *clop* *click* *clop* *click* *clop* *click* *clop*

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Frozen Molasses said...

I've never been so happy to hear that a friend of mine got beat up.
You rock!
Sheena

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Scented Orchirds said...

judo?cool!in your condition?supercool!dont let MS stop u from doing whatever you love most!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Iain Dughlais said...

Thanks guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home