Saturday, September 24, 2005

Full Dose

Finally up to full dose. Had a bit of a night last night, with some headaches, mild fever I think and some definite unpleasentness, like muscle pains. Getting close to my first set of post Rebif blood tests to check my liver, to see if you body is handling the treatment.

The Optic Nuritus is still a problem and the blurry vision is most annoying but I'm still handling it. Still doing Judo, school, plays, teaching, etc... I wish my eye sight was a little better though, to speed up my reading at least. I have a lot of readings to catch up on.

I have some small injection site irritation on my stomach area. Just some redness around the entry site; nothing too serious I don't think.

Injecting into my legs has become a strange sensation, I think because I'm getting a bit of the muscle. There isn't much extra skin on my legs so I might try adjusting the needle depth just to see. Maybe I will call my Multiple Support nurse and see what advice she has for me.

I heard today about a new drug out that is supposed to help combat fatigue in MS patients. Any chance I can get some of that over here? Energy would be a welcomed visitor.

Thanks for the weekend support, Jess. Liked having you around as always! But stop falling asleep so early, I'm the one with energy issues, remember??? ;);)

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Scented Orchirds said...

hey doug...thanks for being supportive of me..i really appreciate it...
the side effects of that drug is really bothering you, huh?
optic neuritis, fatigue...sometimes I wonder how you live with it. I cant even tolerate jerk boyfriends and heavy lecture loads, but here you are, fighting with this disease, as brave as a human can be.
I admire your strentgh, and I know that you will stay strong..so, apachos(is this how you spell it?) to you...

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Scented Orchirds said...

hey jessi...thanks for the advice...I would write this at your blog, but it seems like it doesnt exist, or does it?
I admire how loyal you are to your bf, Doug..(I hope that my assumptions are right)
Doug is lucky to have you...is this what we call true love?I guess so, well, at least a part of it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home