Monday, August 01, 2005

Update / Training

Current Meds:
1. Citalopram 10mg once daily
2. Lorazepam .5mg at bedtime

Current Symptoms
Physical: Weakness and slight tremors in left leg and left hand (occasinal)
Sensory: Optic neuritis in left eye
Psychological (memory/mood): none
Medication side effect?: none

Time for an update. I survived the family vacation, with only one trip to the hospital I might add ;). I'm feeling much better since I arrived at home. Maybe it's the familiar ground or something. I just want to relax a bit and not worry about stuff for a while.

To get back in shape for Judo I have resumed training. I began running again plus some stick work in the yard, and a few various exercises I've adapted to fit my program. I noticed that when I run or work out at all the symptoms seem to intensify a bit. For example when I run my eye sight worsens slightly and when I do exercises demanding upper body strength my left hand gets shakey and tremors afterwords.

I guess the proper training program would include knowing my limits. I will tire faster than normal and that's something I have to live with. Plus I have to get that heart thing checked out, sooner than later, to make sure I'm ok to push a bit because god knows I love to push myself beyond my limits. Staying fit between episodes will be my big challenge but it will hopefully enable me to recover more quickly and help to keep my mental stablitly that I've almost lost a few times.

My eyesight doesn't seem to be progressing much beyond its current state. I'm hopeing a trip to the Halifax MS clinic before the end of August will help rectify anything there. Still being patient with it however, which is super slow going and always a challenge. Have to stay positive and get my body back into a state of good fitness. Oh, and get rid of the little weight I have gained on the Prednesone. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home