Monday, July 18, 2005

Current Meds:
1. Citalopram 10mg once daily
2. Lorazepam .5mg at bedtime

Current Symptoms
Physical: fatigue
Sensory: Optic neuritis in left eye and blurred vision
Psychological (memory/mood): none
Medication side effect?: none

I'm feeling much better today. I'm still frustrated with my vision. I really want to enjoy this beautiful island. I legally blind. But on the good side of things, I can actually read large print with my left up close. Anything farther away than arms length, forget it. And I can't read normal print yet, but it's coming... I know it.

It looks like I might be able to get out and enjoy today. Thank God. I thought I was going to have to abort my vacation early, but I am feeling pretty good today.

That was quite a withdrawl from the steroids... that is some nasty stuff. Not looking forward to doing that anytime again in the future. I want to start my MS treatments as soon as possible so I don't have to do the steroid thing as much. I just hope I find a treatment that works for me in good time. I don't feel like doing the trial and error method for years. But I'll do what I have to. I might try to get in shape this week. Try some swimming and some jogging when it cools off. Anyway, no more spicy food and alcohol for me. I wish I had a good MS diet. Anyone know anything?

I'm going to hook myself up with the MS clinic in Halifax when I get home. I'll get all fixed up there for sure with what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home