Thursday, July 07, 2005

Returning

Current Meds:
1. Prednisone (12 tablets {60mg} in morning for 2 weeks then 4 tablets {20mg})
2. Citalopram 10mg once daily
3. Lorazepam 1mg at bedtime

Current Symptoms
Physical: none
Sensory: Optic neuritis in left eye
Psychological (memory/mood): none
Medication side effect?: rapid pulse, restless

My sight is getting slightly better day by day. I'm not worried about it anymore. I went from being blind a few days ago to seeing shapes for the first time in weeks. Mind you there are no colors in that eye yet and I still have a huge blind spot in the centre of my field of vision. People look like ghosts in that eye. But just for an expirment, I walked around the block with my good eye closed just to see if I could guide myself with my blind eye. What a window on the world that was. Everything looked different but I sort of recognized where I was and was able to make it home again. That gave me tons to smile about.

I don't know what to make of this new pain I'm feeling today. In the last few weeks my knees have become increasingly sore and painful in the joints. That's new for me as my knees where always pretty strong. Taichi seemed to actually aggravate them a little rather than helping like it normally does. I chalked that up to not stretching before hand.

Today was the last day I take 12 Prednisone with my breakfast. Thank god. Not a day too soon. Tomorrow I lower my dose and see what happens. It's quite a heavy step down. I hope I don't react to that in a bad way. My body has finally gotten used to taking so much steriods. Withdrawl would be bad I think. All I can do is follow the doctors orders. Hope they know what they are doing.

The weather has been good to me today. I feel really alive today. It is very cool out and a little rainy. I feel like I could actually go out jogging or something. I won't just in case that's a bad idea. Doctor Dorar told me to go for walks instead. I'll just go for a much longer walk and try a small workout at home today. I need to do something to feel like I'm not going to gain 1000lbs. I've had two really good days in a row. Things are looking up. If only my eyesight would come back a little sooner. I've learned a lot about patience with this ON. Day by day, one step at a time. Here we go, moving forward!

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for returning sight! Yay for less steroids! And most of all- Yay for you! You just keep on with that "lick it or take t down with me" attitude, it will serve you well. You never cease to amaze me:)

Weeza

 

Post a Comment

<< Home