Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Alive and well

Current Meds:
1. Citalopram 10mg once daily
2. Lorazepam .5mg at bedtime

Current Symptoms
Physical: none
Sensory: Optic neuritis in left eye
Psychological (memory/mood): none
Medication side effect?: none

Still mostly blind but I'm feeling better than I've felt in months. I feel like working out at the judo club today. Unfortunatly it's on the other side of the country. Oh well. I'll be back into it soon enough.

I read the first words I've been able to read since the ON started through my left eye yesterday. It's easy to not be excited however becuase I have a ways to go. I still can't read small print and I can't see lights, colors, especially red, or distant objects (over 10-12 m), like cars in the oncoming lane. But my right eye has taken up most of the slack and is feeling a bit over worked... who could blame him, really.

I've decided to ask my doctor back home to set me up with the Halifax MS clinic to see a vision speciallist, a nutritionist, and a personal trainer to get me back to myself, seeing and feeling great. I figure if anywhere has the answers for me its at the MS clinic in Halifax.

Now, on to enjoying the amazing weather in Victoria. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Iain Dughlais said...

Thanks Mary, I'll be seeing you soon.

Jes.. check your e-mail... I sent you something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home