Friday, July 22, 2005

Weak leg

Current Meds:
1. Citalopram 10mg once daily
2. Lorazepam .5mg at bedtime

Current Symptoms
Physical: Weakness and slight tremors in left leg and left hand
Sensory: Optic neuritis in left eye
Psychological (memory/mood): none
Medication side effect?: none

I noticed in the shower this morning that it was eaiser to stand on my right leg than my left. I suppose the damage sustained years ago to those nerves was greater than I thought. I often get weak on that side but since this recent flare up it's been slightly more trouble for me than usual. I can still stand on it but it takes much more effort as the muscles in my left thigh and foot flex wildly trying to correct for balance, where as it is perfect balance and rather easy to do on my right.

I just noticed that my hand was trembling as I was holding it over the keyboard. It's quite restless and trembles quite a bit, looks like Parkinson's but I know it's not that. These are the symptoms I find the most distressing because it feels like I'm losing control over my body. Well, I am really, and that's hard to digest and feel comfortable with. It makes me nervious, to a fault. Anyway, the eyesight hasn't gotten much better in a few days so I guess it won't clear up before I get home. A pity, I'm really enjoying some parts of my vacation while I'm missing out on a lot as well. I do hope I can get back to something more "normal" soon.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Iain Dughlais said...

we were in the bathroom??? no... I was not in the bathroom with my mother.. hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home