Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Undetered...

My meds and symptoms haven't changed at all, except apparently my memory may be slipping a bit... :S I think some fatigue may be behind that as well, however. I've been hitting the training a bit too hard perhaps... I should have eased into it but I've never been one to ease into things. Besides... I'm still kicking... and I know when to stop and rest if I go to far. (Which usually happens just after I've gone to far.)

Something totally unexpected happened tonight... (well a lot of unexpected things, but let's not get into all of them) I was promoted to Nikyu at judo (Blue belt). That made my evening. I'm so proud I've made it this far considering. Apparently I landed a really nice yoko-guruma on Sensei Terry in demonstration. I had a few more tricks up my sleve but I didn't want to spill all the beans in one night ;) plus I wasn't sure if I could pull them off... lol it's been a while since I stepped onto a mat... but OHHHHH it felt so good. I really missed that stuff.

I still have to make a doctors appt about my heart. I called today and there was no answer at Dr. Dorar's office. And Leckey is still away on vacation. Until the 16th... which is the day I have an appt with him and Sharon, so apparently I'm the first order of business. I'll make an appt for the halifax MS clinic then too. So until I have something more substantial to report, that's all my news for now.

4 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Louisa said...

You rock so hard :) Good on ya Douggie!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

Doug...congratulations, you definitely deserve it. The martial arts world is better with you in it. Wish I could be here longer to watch you compete and train! :)
Shama

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Celeste said...

You look good in blue! Congratulations. Peace, Celeste

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger mary said...

Way to go Doug, congrats on the blue belt,.we are proud of ya...just to let you know your uncle Brian is coming here on monday, then travelling to the south shore for a few days and then heading down to C.B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home