Thursday, July 13, 2006

Success

How many people with MS find themsleves, a year and a half after diagnosis, preparing for a Brown Belt in Judo? I don't know the answer to that, but I'm glad to say I am. Despite being blind in one eye and having a ton of other symptoms, I'm still Alive (Pearl Jam reference - thanks Jamie.)

This disease will never run me. Never dominate me. Never stop me from being what I was supposed to become. Never stop me from competing. Never stop me from being active. And I will never stop living with it, fighting it, accepting it for what it is, turning the other cheek when I'm knocked to the ground.

Vive le resistance, vive la vie, vive moi!

And I have 30 min to get to Judo class so I have to stop there!

SUCCESS!!!

4 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. Kudos to you for taking control of the "beast." Good luck with your Judo.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Jaime said...

I am glad to hear you are having such a positive attitude and you are taking control! This is such an important step. Congrats on Judo! I wish you the very best. It is great to know....we are still alive!

Take care,
Jaime

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Proud of you:)
xoxoxo

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

As I like to tell people ... It's not that I have lost an eye, but rather, I have one good eye to absorb the world with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home